Connecting the Energenie MiHome to the Amazon Echo is fairly easy.
To get started:
1) Ensure that your Energenie MiHome gateway and associated devices (plug sockets etc) are connected and online.
2) Download the Amazon Alexa App.
3) Login to Alexa app.
4) Select Skills in Alexa app
5) in Search Type Energenie.
6) Select Energenie – MiHome
7) Select Enable skill – A popup screen will appear, follow the instructions and close it.
Go back to the app and select
“Add device” Alexa will then scan for your new Energenie devices.
8) Your connected Energenie devices should now appear named the same as you have set them up within the MiHome App (Energenie)
You have now set up your Energenie devices and they can be controlled using “Alexa”
What voice commands can I use?
Alexa! Turn on kitchen lights
Alexa! Switch on bedroom lights
Alexa! Turn off office socket
(Whatever name you have given to your devices)
What devices in my Energenie MiHome range will I be able to control using Alexa?
Answer: You can use Alexa voice commands to control all your light switches, adaptors and
Can I change the name of my device for easier voice control?
Yes, log into your mihome app. Choose the device you want to change and select
Next, go to the Alexa app and select discover devices. Once completed, your device
can now be controlled with the given name.
You have to get Alexa to rediscover your smart devices every time you add a new device or change a devices name.
Information adapted from Energenie website